Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lamp Shade





This is a project I did on the week-end while we were in between coats of pink paint in my daughters room. It was a hit with my daughter so I'm feeling pretty good about it. It's so easy to transform a borning white shade into a custom piece for any room. I think ribbon is especially great for kids rooms. All I used was my glue gun and the same white paint we used on the wall trim (For the base, it had winnie the pooh on it from her nursery decor). I used up a ton of old ribbon too, that seems to just sit for so long. Now I have an excuse to get some new stuff!! The second picture is showing a cute topiary that previously had a terra cotta pot, now that it's been painted white it matches the decor much better :)

2 comments:

Penny said...

Very nice. I really like this idea.

Janelle said...

Hey Cindy - great idea. Now where are the pics of her room? Can't wait to see them!